COOK CLEAN systems provide comprehensive solutions for reducing compressor packing case emissions.
Although leakage can be minimized by properly specifying and maintaining the case, rings and rod, the fundamental design of reciprocating compressors makes gas leakage practically unavoidable.
Therefore, some type of barrier must be employed to prevent emissions from escaping into the atmosphere. COOK CLEAN – with its high performance and flexible range of design options – is the industry leader in purged packing systems.
Packing Case Features
- Spiral-wound end cup gasket made of a highly conformable composite stainless steel/nonmetallic material creates a superior seal between the packing case and compressor.
- O-rings between cups (optional) can provide an added layer of protection from gas leaking between cup faces. If O-rings are not used, fillister nuts with O-rings prevent leakage down the tie-rod holes.
- Lapped sealing surfaces for all rod rings provide excellent surface-to-surface contact for a tight seal.
- LF Purge Pac® assembly for the purge/buffer seal extends seal life and simplifies maintenance.
- Recent design enhancements extend the run time of the packing set and provide extra protection to prevent debris from entering the gas vent.
The COOK CLEAN purging system also provides a means to monitor gas flows and pressures, thereby indicating when purge ring wear is approaching unacceptable limits and the system requires service. The predictive nature of this system can help eliminate unscheduled downtime and improve reliability.
- Cook low-emissions rod packing for increased sealing efficiency
- Static-Pac® shutdown seals for close to 100% leakage control when compressors are not operating
- T.F. Hudgins Autocator® control mechanism to automate the barrier gas system and maximize the COOK CLEAN predictive maintenance capability
- Special side-loaded wiper ring to scrape debris and liquids from the rod before they reach the LF Purge Pac seal
- Reduces fugitive emissions
- Offers easy, economical conversion for most compressors
- Provides an effective seal with the LF Purge Pac assembly, minimizing purge gas consumption
- Optional monitoring system allows predictive maintenance