Compressor Valve Repair and Reconditioning Services
Restore Compressor Efficiency with Valve Repairs
A compressor functions only as well as its suction and discharge valves. If valves are not in first-class condition, compressors become inefficient and operating costs increase.
No matter what type of compressor valves you use, Cook Compression offers expert repair and reconditioning services – and guarantees the service life of the reconditioned valve to be equivalent to that of a brand-new valve operating in similar conditions.
Rigorous inspection, best-in-class procedures and quality replacement components return valves to original specifications, at savings of 60% or more compared to the cost of new valves.
Valve Reconditioning Process
- Valves are degreased and stripped into component parts for inspection.
- Seats and guards are processed to remove all traces of foreign deposits.
- Valve plate, coil springs and delivery valve studs are scrapped.
- Remaining parts are inspected and approved for further service.
- All re-usable internal moving parts are thoroughly cleaned in polishing machines.
- Damaged valve seats and guards are re-machined within original manufacturers’ tolerances to maintain their design performance characteristics.
- All valve seat sealing faces are lapped to stringent, approved standards to ensure perfect finish and flatness.
- Seats and guards are electroplated in a protective zinc passivate finish if necessary.
- The complete refurbished valve is assembled and given its final inspection and test before despatch.
OEM Replacement Valves
When valves or their components are beyond repair, Cook Compression can manufacture replacements identical to any OEM valve. Facsimile valve components can include:
- Complete valve assemblies
- Ported plates
- Concentric rings
- Spring plates
Cook is the original valve manufacturer for CFA Compressors of Cooper Energy Service and commonly manufactures and services valves of the following OEMs:
- Gardner Denver
- Knox Western/Eagle
- Ajax/Superior/Cooper Bessemer
- GEMINI/Energy Industries
Cook Compression Advantage
- Reconditioned valves guaranteed “as new”
- Optical comparators confirm precise flatness of lapped components
- Magnetic particle inspection identifies surface and near-surface defects
- Nondestructive testing (NDT) of all valves
- OEM equivalent or better replacement parts
- Service centers worldwide