Custom-Blended TruTech Materials
High-Performing, Application-Specific Polymers
The proprietary TruTech® line of materials from Cook Compression includes custom PTFE, modified PTFE, UHMWPE, PEEK, PPS, polyimide and other high-temperature aromatic polymer materials.
Our engineers and materials scientists work together to recommend material formulations based on your application-specific requirements.
Special formulations provide high-performance sealing and lasting reliability for even the most demanding non-lubricated, dry-gas and high-temperature applications.
Custom Formulations for Optimum Performance
In-house precision blending capabilities enable Cook Compression to enhance specific material properties. Materials incorporate reinforcements, fillers and additives such as:
- Glass fiber
- Carbon fiber
- Metal powders
- FDA-approved minerals
- Molybdenum disulphide (MoS2)
Generally stronger than PTFE materials, PEEK materials are the second most common type of material for piston, rider and packing rings. They may also be specified for valve components in high-temperature environments.
- PTFE, UHMWPE, PEEK, PPS and polyimide shapes
- Heavy cross-section molding
- Unfilled (virgin) and filled PTFE rod and tube
- Modified PTFE molding and welding
- Billets up to 8 in. (203 mm) length
- Solid rods up to 6 in. (152 mm) diameter
- Tubes up to 42 in. (1066 mm) outer diameter, with 2 in. (50 mm) wall thickness