The Ring Damped Valve is a new breed of plate valve for high-speed reciprocating compressors that lasts longer and reduces energy costs by up to 10% compared to conventional valves.
Superior Reliability, Longer Run Times
The Ring Damped Valve incorporates a patented damping ring to slow the velocity of the sealing element before it contacts the guard during valve opening. The reduction in speed minimizes the impact forces applied on the sealing element, extending the useful life of the valve assembly. It also allows the valve to run at higher lifts than traditional valves, providing increased effective flow area.
Greater Efficiency, Increased Energy Savings
Higher lifts and unique design features in the Ring Damped Valve produce an effective flow area that is 10% larger (on average) than plate valves of similar size. The increased flow results in a 10% reduction in energy usage by the compressor.
For most applications, energy savings alone will assure a 100% return on investment within one year of operation.
The Ring Damped Valve is designed for high-speed, short-stroke gas compressors. Primary applications include transport, production, and storage of natural gas, as well as refining, chemical, and petrochemical processes.
- Higher lift increases flow, cuts energy usage by an average of 10%
- Damping ring reduces impact forces for longer valve life
- Precision-engineered springs ensure timely closing
- Standard threaded washer facilitates valve installation and removal
- Maximum flow is achieved through optimum combination of port row widths and pitch circles
- Reinforced plate material protects against impact fatigue
- Heavy-duty springs withstand high speeds and lifts up to 0.150 inch (3.8 mm)
- Superior materials provide high resistance to corrosion and wear
Worldwide Technical Support
All Cook Compression service centers around the globe offer dedicated support for Ring Damped Valves, ensuring that your repair and reconditioning needs are backed with superior service. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing operations are equipped to handle both large and custom orders, while assuring short lead times.