The Right Amount of Lubricant, at the Right Time
Shield lubricators extend bearing life by delivering a consistent, precise supply of clean lubricant. Designed for fans, blowers, electric motors, pumps and conveyors, these automatic lubrication systems increase equipment reliability, decrease maintenance costs and reduce safety risks.
The High Cost of Bearing Failure
Bearing failures present a significant challenge for industrial facilities. They lead to unscheduled downtime, high maintenance costs and safety concerns.
Multiple factors can contribute to bearing failure, but a majority are related to unsuitable, aged or insufficient lubricant.
Applying proper lubrication is critical to long bearing life and will increase equipment uptime, delivering a reliability advantage to your facility.
Increase Equipment Reliability
- Supply small amounts of fresh lubricant to your equipment at short intervals to maintain proper bearing lubrication
- Purge bearing seals with clean grease, preventing bearing contamination from water, solid contaminants and dust
Decrease Maintenance Costs
- Significantly reduce the time required to lubricate equipment
- Eliminate continuous monitoring by facility personnel
- Extend maintenance intervals
Reduce Safety Risks
- Decrease the interface between employees and operating equipment, reducing the likelihood of workplace accidents
- Increase safety in extreme heat, extreme cold or other harsh environments, where the physical demands of performing regular manual lubrication increase the risk of fatigue, heat exhaustion or hypothermia
- Can be mounted in safe, easy-to-reach locations at ground level, eliminating exposure of field personnel to difficult and dangerous lubrication tasks
Shield Lubricator Designs
Shield lubricators offer multiple solutions to meet the demands of your equipment and operating environment.
Flexible, gas-driven lubrication system suitable for single-point grease or oil lubrication. Easy setting and activation using a rotary switch.
Temperature-independent, gas-driven lubrication system for challenging environments with high temperature fluctuations. Features a digital display with push button settings.
Electromechanically driven lubrication system provides reliable, precise discharge of lubricant independent of temperature and counter-pressure. Uses battery or external power to power the drive.
Easy, Automatic Lubrication
Shield lubricators are easy to set up, easy to use, and provide immediate benefits.
Simply install a Shield lubricator at any lubrication point and set the lubricant amount and discharge period – from 1 to 12 months.
Once activated, Shield lubricators continuously discharge fresh lubricant into the lubrication point, while the equipment is running.