Quality Engineering and Manufacturing
Extensive experience, quality manufacturing processes and complete engineering support make Cook Compression a valuable resource for compressor pistons and rods.
Cook manufactures single-piece and segmental piston designs in an assortment of sizes, materials and specifications. We also provide premium piston rods for all major makes and models of compressors.
To ensure that piston designs meet or exceed maximum load requirements, each new design is meticulously evaluated using finite element analysis (FEA) software and years of practical experience.
Pistons are machined from cast iron, aluminum or custom-specified materials. Segmental designs allow incremental repairs, replacing only the worn section of the piston.
Premium Piston Rods
Beginning with the highest-quality mill-certified materials, Cook engineers and manufactures compressor rods that perform reliably and deliver lasting value. Subject to application requirements, rods are induction hardened or tungsten carbide coated to resist wear and extend run times for both the rod and rod packing. Other coatings and surface treatments are also available.
Cook rods are manufactured with rolled threads, which dramatically increases strength and eliminates stress risers.
Cook Compression Advantage
- FEA performed on all new piston designs
- Uncoated rods feature induction-hardened packing areas
- Tungsten carbide coatings specific to application requirements
- All rods feature rolled threads
- Custom engineering and manufacturing
- All products meet or exceed manufacturer specifications
- Extensive experience serving gas transmission, gathering, processing and refining industries