Piston compressors are only as good as their suction and delivery valves. If valves are not in first-class condition, compressors become inefficient and operating costs increase.
No matter what type of compressor valves you use, Cook Compression offers repair and reconditioning services – and guarantees that the service life of the reconditioned valve is equivalent to that of a brand-new valve operating in similar conditions.
Valve Reconditioning Process
- Valves are degreased and stripped into component parts for inspection.
- Seats and guards are processed to remove all traces of foreign deposits.
- Valve plate, coil springs and delivery valve studs are scrapped.
- Remaining parts are inspected and approved for further service.
- All re-usable internal moving parts are thoroughly cleaned in polishing machines.
- Damaged valve seats and guards are re-machined within original manufacturers’ tolerances to maintain their design performance characteristics.
- All valve seat sealing faces are lapped to stringent, approved standards to ensure perfect finish and flatness.
- Seats and guards are electroplated in a protective zinc passivate finish if necessary.
- The complete refurbished valve is assembled and given its final inspection and test before despatch.