When compressor rods and pistons are worn or damaged, operators need a full-service resource capable of delivering an effective solution. Our skilled technicians and engineers provide rod and piston solutions that enhance compressor reliability. We also work with you to analyze causes of failure and develop ways to improve performance.
Cook Compression service centers restore worn compressor rods, plungers and pistons to as-new condition. From inspection through final assembly, Cook delivers all materials, machining labor, logistics and technical support.
Piston and Rod Repair Capabilities
- Compressor rod resurfacing and grinding
- Thread rolling
- Wear-resistant induction hardening on uncoated rods
- High-Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) spray technology for piston rods and pump plungers
- Repairs for all types of pistons
- Restoration of ring and rider band grooves
- Manufacturing and installation of new piston rings and rider bands
- Conversions to non-lubricated service
Quality Replacement Components
If worn compressor rods and pistons exceed condemnation limits, Cook manufactures replacement components backed by full warranties for materials and workmanship. All replacement products meet or exceed manufacturer specifications.
Cook Compression Advantage
- Full service repair and manufacturing
- OEM or better specifications
- Full traceability and quality assurance
- Engineering and technical support
- Extensive experience in gas gathering, transmission, processing and refining applications
Related Case Study
Next-day Piston Rod Production Restores Plant Operation
A fertilizer plant experienced a major component failure forcing the shutdown of a compressor in CO2 service. With no spare on site, the outage resulted in a large portion of the plant’s operations being shut down. Cook Compression received the call for help and resolved the customer’s problem by the next day.