Comprehensive Emissions Solutions
To reduce compressor leakage, Cook Compression offers a broad line of engineered packing case upgrades, including low-emissions rod rings, shutdown seals and purge gas systems. We also offer upgrades to address valve-related leakage, including a high-strength valve retainer.
Flow testing can be used to accurately quantify compressor seal leakage, both for the reporting of emissions data and for the comparison of upgrade options.
Best Practice Maintenance
Emissions compliance can be significantly improved through implementation of maintenance best practices for the compressor and its wear components.
For the packing case, best practices include:
- Upgrading the nose gasket to a spiral-wound gasket design
- Replacing double-acting vent seal rings with side-loaded vent seal rings
- Lapping the mating faces of the individual packing cups
- Verifying cup faces’ parallelism, cup depths, pressure packing ring clearances, piston rod surface finish, and packing case alignment
- Ensuring that proper flange bolt tightening procedures are being used
In addition to packing case repairs, Cook Compression provides expert service for pistons, rods, valves and cylinders.