Extensive experience, quality manufacturing processes and complete engineering support make Cook Compression a valuable resource for compressor pistons and rods.
Cook manufactures both single-piece and segmental piston designs in an assortment of sizes, materials and specifications. Cook also provides premium piston rods for all major makes and models of compressors.
- Full line of single-piece and segmental pistons
- FEA performed on all new piston designs
- Uncoated rods feature induction hardened packing areas
- Tungsten carbide coatings specific to application requirements
- All rods feature rolled threads
- Custom engineering and manufacturing
- All products meet or exceed manufacturer specifications
- Extensive experience in serving gas transmission, gathering, processing and refining industries
Pistons are machined from cast iron, aluminum or custom-specified materials. Segmental designs allow incremental repairs, replacing only the worn section of the piston.
To ensure that the piston design meets or exceeds maximum load requirements, each new design is meticulously evaluated using finite element analysis (FEA) software and years of practical experience.
Premium Piston Rods
Beginning with the highest-quality mill-certified materials, Cook engineers and manufactures compressor rods that perform reliably and deliver lasting value.
Subject to application requirements, rods are induction-hardened or tungsten-carbide coated to resist wear and extend run times for both the rod and rod packing. Other coatings and surface treatments are also available.
Cook rods are manufactured with rolled threads, which dramatically increases strength and eliminates stress risers.
Cook Compression offers complete engineering and technical support for all of your compressor-end components. We work with you to analyze causes of failures and develop ways to improve performance. If needed, Cook can custom engineer and manufacture pistons and rods to meet your specific application requirements.