As the inventor of floating mechanical packing over a century ago, Cook Compression is unmatched in application experience. Cook has supplied rod rings for tens of thousands of successful applications worldwide.
Continued development, backed by experienced applications support, results in custom seal ring, pressure breaker and wiper solutions that consistently outperform traditional approaches. A complete selection of materials, from bronze to high-performance non-metallics, dramatically improves packing ring durability in the most demanding applications.
Rod rings provide a seal around the piston rod and against the packing case cup to prevent leakage from the compressor cylinder.
The pressure generated in the compressor holds the rings against the rod and cup face; when the pressure is zero, springs hold the rings to the rod. Standard sealing rings typically use a radial cut and tangent cut ring, plus a back-up ring. Potential leak paths are blocked by ring overlap.
Cook Compression also offers advanced Solid Ring Technology, which can improve sealing while allowing packing assemblies to run cooler.
Cook Compression Advantage
- The broadest line of sealing products
- More products in more applications than any other sealing products provider
- High-precision manufacturing
- In-house injection and compression molding
- Ongoing materials development, including cooperative programs with renowned universities
- In-house laboratories and test compressors
- Extensive engineering and field support