Cook Compression is the worldwide leader in the design and production of precision-made piston ring seals and rider rings.
Cook earned this reputation by working closely with compressor operators and OEMs, continually responding to their evolving needs with innovative products and materials.
Designed for Durability
Rider rings prevent the piston from contacting the cylinder wall, while piston rings reduce gas flow between the piston and cylinder.
Cook Compression optimizes rider ring geometry, features, dimensions and materials to reduce loads and provide maximum service life, even in the most demanding applications.
Cook piston rings are engineered to limit leakage with lasting reliability.
All piston ring and rider materials are tested and validated through engineering analyses and Cook’s in-house materials laboratory and test compressors. Materials include specially engineered alloys and high-performance thermoplastics (including TruTech™ 3210 and 3330 materials), as well as cast iron and bronze.
Cook manufacturing techniques and state-of-the-art equipment allow consistent machining to precise tolerances. Carefully controlled manufacturing ensures that each ring maintains uniform contact with the cylinder for dependable sealing.
Stringent quality assurance gives you the confidence that Cook rings will perform reliably time after time.
Cook Compression Advantage
- Extensive engineering assistance
- Millions of piston rings and riders supplied for a wide range of industrial, petrochemical and natural gas applications
- Patented designs, with numerous features available to customize rings for specific conditions
- Comprehensive material options, including TruTech™ engineered materials
- Industry-leading quality assurance program