Refurbishing key components of a reciprocating compressor is an economical alternative to new part replacement. Equally important for machines supporting critical processes, the turnaround time for repairs can be significantly shorter than acquisition times for new parts.
Cook Compression provides cylinder and power-end repair services for all major reciprocating compressors, with unmatched expertise in high-pressure compressor applications. Where reconditioning is not feasible, Cook manufactures quality replacement parts.
From reconditioning services for compressor valves, packing cases, rods, pistons and cylinders, to expert repairs for connecting rods, crossheads and distance pieces, Cook Compression does it all.
Turnkey Compressor Services
Strategically located facilities, specialized equipment, highly experienced technicians and extensive engineering support enable Cook to provide the quality and responsive service compressor operators need to reduce costs and maximize equipment availability.
Pistons and Rods
- Compressor piston repair
- Non-lube conversions
- Piston rod resurfacing, grinding, thread rolling and wear-resistant hardening
- High-Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) spray technology for compressor piston rods and pump plungers
Valves and Packing Cases
Frame and Running Gear Repairs
- Crosshead rebabbitting and repair
- Crosshead slide repair and resizing
- Compressor frame aligning and boring
- Connecting rod machining and boring
- Connecting rod bushing replacement
- Distance piece repair, machining and alignment
Pistons and Connections
- Power piston inspection and polishing
- Power connecting rod repair, clipping and boring
- Rocker arm renovation
- Wrist pin inspection, polishing and chroming
- Shop align boring of main frames and crosshead slides